The Wyrm is a tiny Freighter automatically given to new players.
The Wyrm is given to the player for free at the beginning of the game. This ship is used to transport ores or loot wrecks. It is urged that beginners get this to loot destroyed ships and bases.
The Wyrm has a small but still relatively detailed interior. The pilot's seat has team-colored padding. The seat faces a set of three blue screens below a glowing cylinder, suggesting the screens are holographic projections.
- Easy to begin Trading with.
- Easy to control.
- Small and hard to hit.
- Great for salvaging small wrecks.
- Not much of a target by Pirates.
- High Acceleration.
- It's free.
- Explosion Value of 16
- Make sure to trade in a Faction that is in no wars and has strong allies. If there are none, go to a new server. If all servers have Wars, try your best to be safe and try to join one with the least if possible.
- Go to the Mega Base when it is safe. Always check your route if you're in a War, there might be a Pirate waiting for you.
- Check how far away Aliens are and where they are heading to.
- Added in version .34.
- Made a free ship and given to new players starting in version .56.
- Received a remodel in version .65b.
- Every new player is given one Wyrm. Like the Wasp, once it is destroyed, it can be re-bought for Free.
- This can give you a profit of 225 if you get a full cargo of silicate at a 5 price and sell at the Mega Base.
- In previous versions of the game, the Wyrm used to cost resources to rebuild upon destruction, though that has since changed.
- There is an armed version of this ship called the Worm.
- A trading group could (in theory) make a safe profit off of using several Wyrms instead of one ship, due to very little profits off of Pirating.
- Has a limited event counterpart, the Festive Wyrm.
- Has a long purple-blue trail.
- One of only two continuously available free ships, the other being the wasp.