Carrier for those who contribute to or purchase from the Galaxy Store during specific periods of time or won the Carrier during a give away.The Sakala is an exclusive
- No blind spots.
- Maneuverable for its size.
- It's fast for a Carrier.
- Very powerful Turrets that do balanced damage.
- When used along Fighters, can do unspeakable amounts of damage.
- Has as much cargo hold as a Prospector.
- High health for a Carrier.
- It won't catch up to anything like a Battlecruiser with its speed.
- No Spinals.
- Once lost, can never be re-obtained meaning that it is gone FOREVER unless you rebuy from the store during a promotion, or win a giveaway.
- A target for Pirates.
- Mostly targeted in fleets.
- Bad Turret placement.
- Be certain to have teammates willing to pilot the Fighters.
- Use sparingly. This is a huge target for Pirates.
- Avoid Dreadnoughts and Prototype ships.
- Don't use this as your everyday Carrier. It is a limited ship. Treat it as such to avoid losing it.
- The low health but high damage with Fighters can work wonders to kill Miners and Freighters who have drifted too far from a Starbase.
- The first person to lose a Sakala was 'maddogmatthesen'
- This ship is given as a reward for purchasing items from the Galaxy Store during special events.
- Some players buy Sakalas for friends or to host giveaways.
- It was also given to those who contributed art to the Galaxy Store.
- The ship contains many hidden memes and images.
- The main control screens are just images of cats.
- The ship has no team colour markings.
- Deadnom was the first person to purchase from the store.
- It used to have 4 Medium Cannons, which were changed to 2 Heavy Cannons.
- Oddly enough, the description of the ship is the same as the Vanguard’s ship description.
- Like the Blizzard, the ":cost" command does not show the game's value calculation algorithm.
- The tint on the glass in this ship makes planets look wildly different in terms of colour.
- You are able to sell the ship for: 84,670 credits (60% of the "total material cost") Bringing the ship's "total" cost to 118,538 credits.
- The name is a reference to the Command Carrier Sakala from Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak.
- The Sakala has possibly gone through the most changes out of any ship currently ingame.
- The Sakala was reskinned for the Halloween Event 2018 as the Kapisi.