The Prometheus is a Super-Carrier, most known for its devastating nuke, former extreme health distribution and 4 powerful fighters.
The Prometheus has a small but detailed interior. There is a set of three teleporters. There is also a pilot seat with control panels, one saying, "all systems are online."
- Very powerful Fighters.
- Super Flak Cannons as well as Super PDLs allow for protection against small Ships.
- Great Shield firepower with the fighters.
- Reasonable Hull firepower for a Carrier.
- Has its own unique Fighters, the Harbinger, which are probably some of the best Fighters of any Carrier. The Harbingers are very tanky for Fighters, with their only disadvantage being a lack of sustainability as there are only 4.
- Massive explosion radius of 800, the highest in the game aside from Crescendo, Hellkeeper and Preos Adult (1000), Super Capitals (1000-1500), Nyx (1250), both Prototypes, Lucifer and Kodiak (1500), and Mothership (1000, 1300, 1690, 2197 and 2857 depending on the level).
- Impressive maneuverability for the enormous size, being higher than most Carriers.
- Currently one of the strongest carriers in game, as the high firepower and health will make most enemies flee in fear. Do not hesitate to chase them down and crush them.
- Has around 880 DPS with all fighters, but considering that the fighters are super tanky and barely die, this is one of the more consistent DPS carriers.
- Large and has many blind spots, making it a high-profile target.
- Relatively Mediocre Shield firepower without the fighters.
- Its massive size and high part count may cause lag to the user, as well as the user's teammates.
- Somewhat difficult for the Harbingers and Herald to leave the hangar, especially if the pilots are inexperienced or more than one fighter is trying to launch at once.
- Because of the large, open Fighter bay, even small Battleships can get inside and deal damage without getting hit. This can however be countered by warping a short distance or letting your fighters take care of it.
- Low health for a carrier.
- Sometimes not considered worth it for it's low health (lower than 3 other Carriers), and the DPS is outclassed by Warlord, which is cheaper and more tanky.
- In a Siege situation, use your massive health pool to tank but be sure to know when to bail (Ideally leave at 1,000 shields).
- Typically, release your Fighters AFTER you engage a Starbase or a target Ship. The Prometheus turret firepower can be countered by the blindspot, so instead you must rely on your massive healthpool to keep you alive while you draw the attention of enemies, while your Fighters deal heavy damage.
- Use your 800 explosion radius nuke as a last resort if you know you are gonna die.
- Received trails in version .66b.
- Shield increased from 10000 to 16000 in version .68d.
- Price increased in version .69a, exceeding the storage for a Level 32 Warehouse.
- Cargo Hold increased massively from 2500 to 9000 in version .69a2, which also caused another price increase.
- Taken offsale due to unbalanced buy/sell ratio in version .69a2.
- Hull increased from 10000 to 11250 in version .69e.
- Re-released on the build menu and turret loadout changed from 4 Point Defence Lasers, 2 Heavy Flak Cannons, 2 Heavy Point Defence Lasers to 3 Heavy Point Defence Laser, 1 Heavy Flak Cannon, and 2 Heavy Railguns. Cargo hold was nerfed from 500 to 300 as well as getting an additional Harbinger, all in version .72f1.
- Cargo hold increased from 300 to 600, driving up the price of the Prometheus in version .72f1(there was no mention of this in any update log).
- Top speed increased from 45 to 55, turn speed increased from 0.1 to 0.12, acceleration increased from 15 to 25, fighter teleport position fixed, and turret loadout changed from 3 Heavy Point Defence Lasers, 1 Heavy Flak Cannon, 2 Heavy Railguns to 2 Heavy Point Defence Lasers, 2 Heavy Flak Cannons, and 2 Capital Triple Cannons in version .73b8.
- Heavy Flak Cannons and Heavy PDLs changed to Super Flak Cannons and Super PDLs in a unknown version (only revealed in-game).
- 1 Harbinger changed to 1 Herald (a Harbinger but with 3k shields/hull) in a unknown version (only revealed in-game).
- 1 Herald reverted to 1 Harbinger in version .75a5.
- Nerfed in version .75a5.
- Shields: 16000 --> 14000
- Hull: 11250 --> 11200
- Top Speed: 55 --> 45
- Acceleration: 25 --> 15
- Turn Speed: 0.12 --> 0.1
- Cargo Hold: 600 --> 1500
- Nerfed further in version .75a5.
- Shields: 14000 --> 8000
- Hull: 11200 --> 6000
- Cargo Hold: 1500 --> 250
- Price Reduced
- Warehouse Level reduced to 17
- The Herald is a modified Harbinger which is identical in every way except for its health, which is vastly superior as it reaches battleship levels.
- Enormous physical size for a ship, having arguably the largest overall physical size of all ships in the game.
- Its fighters bear a strong resemblance to the Marauder.
- It was given a trail shortly after release.
- Ended the Nyx's two-year reign as the most expensive non-event Carrier.
- Its Fighter concept is similar to the Executioner's own Fighters.
- While the Prometheus possesses a bridge protruding from the hull near the rear of the ship and offset to the right, the actual bridge is inside the main body between the quad thruster sections and behind the hangar bay.
- The Prometheus possesses a teleporter in the bridge that will take the player to the exterior of the ship between the two rear dorsal thrusters. This teleporter seemingly has no use at the moment and may have been left over from when the ship was being designed and hints that the ship originally docked from the rear.
- The Prometheus is based off the Javelin class destroyer from Star Citizen.
- The Prometheus was the only ship buildable with ores to exceed the storage of a level 32 Warehouse, at the time it exceeded that number, the maximum warehouse level was 32 but has since been raised to 35 (and then 38).
- This ship is a rather common sight nowadays.