Ores are used to build ships. To obtain raw Ore, players must use a Miner-class ship like the Wasp. Mining allows the raw Ore to be dumped and "refined" at the Mega Base or any faction Starbase or planet, giving the player Credits in return. Ore also has mass (measured in meters cubed), which, in Galaxy, is a measurement of how much space the Ore will take up in a ship's Ore Hold, Cargo Hold, or in a player's Warehouse. This is something to keep in mind when Trading or Mining because it can affect the amount of money players make. Based on the amount (mass) of ore sold and the value of the Ore at the Starbase, players can make quite a profit through Trading and Mining Ores. Below in the "List of Ores" there are the masses of the Ore as listed by the Mega Base. Each Ore mined spawns a new Ore somewhere in the server. All ships excluding the Wasp and Wyrm require at least some Silicate, Carbon, and Iridium. Higher tier ships require Adamantite, Quantium, Titanium, and Palladium as well as Silicate, Carbon, and Iridium. The newest Ore in Galaxy is Uranium, which has a yellow-green glow to it. It was added during the Rogue One Star Wars Event and spawns around the Derelict Station and planets like Frion I or Myriad III. Uranium, though previously used only for special cases, is now used to build almost every ship. Uranium was previously traded in exchange for one Weapons Part, which in turn enabled players to build the Prototype X-1 and Prototype X-2. Ores can spawn 180-200 studs large.
The word "Materials" usually refers to the refined version of Ores, which is the kind that players buy and sell at Starbases and the kind of Ore that goes into a ship's Cargo Hold or a player's Warehouse. Sector ores such as Titanium, Palladium, Quantium, and Adamantite spawn randomly but in high frequencies in corners of the map, for instance Palladium in the top left Quantium in the bottom left etc. The corners where the sector ore spawns is random and not set.
There are two ways to refine mined ores: Selling (You give the starbase the ores and you get credits in exchange) and Transferring (The starbase refines the ores and gives you a portion of said ores). The payout increases with higher loyalty:
(Transfer payouts by loyalty):
- 0% loyalty: 63.4% of the ore you mined (in units) is given back
- 1% loyalty: 65.6% of the total amount of units
- 2% loyalty: 68.8%
- 3% loyalty: 72%
- 4% loyalty: 75.2%
- 5% loyalty: 78.4%
- 6% loyalty: 81.6%
- 7% loyalty: 84.8%,
- 8% loyalty: 88%
- 9% loyalty: 91.2%
- 10% loyalty: 94.4%
- 11% loyalty: 97.6%
- 12% loyalty: 100.8%
- etc. (You can see that there‘s a 3.2% rise in payout per loyalty level)
- Note: From 12% Loyalty onward, amount of transfer ore you get are more than ore hold of Miner ship and base will not charge ore fee
- Ores were remodeled in version .66b by bomb_pops.
- Rather than immediately halting upon endgame, ore respawns are halted only when fewer than 3 factions remain, as of version .69b.
- Ore asteroids were made slightly larger and now contain more raw material as of version .70a.
- Ore prices for bases have a fixed price floor of 3.5x the mass of the ore; Mega Base ore prices auto-adjust based on normalized quantities as of version .70a.
- Medicine and Supplies: Used for the Freedom Base quest given by Luca Sky in the Mega Base. When you activate the quest, unless your Warehouse space is full (or less than 750 Warehouse space is free of Materials), 1 Medicine and Supplies will be automatically added into your Warehouse to accomplish the task. 1 Medicine and Supplies material takes up 750 Warehouse space.
- Quantum Core: used in building the Nautilus ship as one of the key components. you can get this from looting a Kodiak wreck. They can be sold in the Mega Base for 370 Credits. Every Kodiak wreck will only drop one Quantum Core. They Take up 100 Warehouse space per item.
- Debt Token: An item in Galaxy used for both profits and punishments. Can make a quick profit of 90 Credits each, but when sold/paid off at Mega Base, it will drain 110 Credits from your current Credits count. If used as punishment by Galaxy Admins (which is very rare in Galaxy), you are going to have to do a lot of additional Mining and Trading in order to pay off the costs of ships removed from your inventory if you lack enough Credits to do so.
- Antimatter Shard: One of three Artifacts usually found in far regions of the map, or previously sold in the Mega Base. Previously used to build two of four Advanced Ships, but due to replicating glitches, this item is very rarely seen to buy from the Mega Base. Also sees some use in limited or rare ships in the build menu.
- Data Archive: One of three Artifacts usually found in far regions of the map, or previously sold in the Mega Base. Previously used to build two of four Advanced Ships, but due to replicating glitches, this item is very rarely seen to buy from the Mega Base. Also sees some use in limited or rare ships in the build menu.
- Ascension Crystal: One of three Artifacts usually found in far regions of the map, or previously sold in the Mega Base. Previously used to build two of four Advanced Ships, but due to replicating glitches, this item is very rarely seen to buy from the Mega Base. Also sees some use in limited or rare ships in the build menu.
- Space Pumpkin: An Halloween Event 2017 and Halloween Event 2018 exclusive event item. The Space Pumpkins were obtainable from the wrecks of the Grim Reaper, Alien Harvest Servitors, Harvest King, and sometimes able to be purchased from the Mega Base. These items were used to build a plethora of event ships, and exchanged in order to obtain the Reaper Battlecruiser from the Headless Horseman, and the Grim Battleship from the Grim Reaper (NPC).
- Ghost Pumpkin: An Halloween Event 2018 exclusive event item. Dropped primarily by the Harvest King in its Final Form, and very rarely bought from the Mega Base. 5 Ghost Pumpkins, alongside 100 Space Pumpkins were used in exchange for the Grim Battleship from the Grim Reaper (NPC).
- Snowflake: A Christmas Event 2017, Christmas Event 2018, Christmas Event 2019 and Christmas Event 2020 exclusive event item. Found in multiple Starbases, Planets, and sometimes sold at the Mega Base. These items were used to build a plethora of event ships, and exchanged in order to obtain the Blizzard Carrier from the Yeti at Aqueous II during the Christmas Event 2017.
- Alien Part: Dropped by Kneall Scouts , Alien Swarmers , Alien Bruisers , Alien Outriders , Alien Punishers  and Alien Decimators  in moderate quantities from wrecks. Besides the small amount of Credits earned per Part sold, they can also be gathered in large quantities [of 5000] and can be exchanged for the Alien Device.
- Alien Device: An exchangeable item at the Alien Computer for 5000 Alien Parts. It used to be required for the Nautilus, the Osiris Dreadnought, Prototype X-2 , Obliterator and Hyperion. The Prototype X-2, the Osiris, as well as the Hyperion are all either unavailable or no longer have them in the cost.
- Plasma Battery: New item added in version .70d; dropped by Alien Punishers  and Kneall Decimators  and used for the Nautilus and Obliterator.
- Kodiak Armor Piece: Dropped by the Kodiak, this artifact was used in quests Depthbreaker and Dining In Hell in order to obtain the Kraken Dreadnought before it was reworked. It currently serves no purpose, as it was not removed and now is extremely rare.
- Kodiak Activator: The reward for completing Dining In Hell, this material was used in the quest Depthbreaker. It currently serves no purpose, as it was not removed.
- Weapons Part: This material was part of the three-day second release of the Quest exchangeable Prototype X-1 and Prototype X-2. The Deity, Subjugator and Hyperion also used this for their Quests. Previously, if you wanted to acquire a Weapons Part, you needed to gather 30500 Uranium and go to the U.N.E Harbor Master in Terminal C of the Mega Base. 30500 Uranium filled up a Level 30 Warehouse. The Weapons part is now being used for rotation-based re-releases of the Prototypes, and is sold by an NPC known as "Rev"
- Gamma Pumpkins: This material was dropped by the Alien Serv, Alien Scourge, Rift Guardian and Rift Custodian, to build ships during the event. Profitable to sell.
- Void Pumpkins: This material was extremely rare and hard to get. Only dropped by the Rift Guardians and Rift Custodian, these pumpkins were very profitable to sell and were used to build ships such as the Naga and the Blackgate.
- SC Build Permit: In version .72b, the Deity was re-released as the first build menu Super Capital Ship. The "SC Build Permit" was added as part of the build cost. This item's cost ranges from 1.6 to 4 million credits and can be found in the Mega Base inventory, which is currently the only original source of obtaining it. The price dynamically fluctuates alongside with the other permits, lowering in value if not bought in time and reaching higher cost when used frequently.
Event Build Permit: Around the same time as the addition of the "SC Build Permit", an "Event Build Permit" was added as part of the build cost for all past event ships, which can only be acquired via refunds or trade-ins. It is unknown if this item will be necessary to construct event ships during future events, or if it exists only to further lock down event ships that have become limited. This item costs/is worth ??? credits.Outdated, refer to the following permit type items below this.
- Limited Class Permits: Added at the same time the limited build menu(permit) was released, these permits come in a variety of prices and limitations. The full list of permits for limited ships are as follows: Class E Permit, Class D Permit, Class C Permit, Class B Permit, and Class A Permit. These permits can be used to build a Limited ship that is available on the limited ship build menu, although these permits are not cheap. Their prices range from 170k credits for Class E Permits all the way up to an astounding 13.5 million credits(adjusted for recent price deflation) for Class A Permits.
- Thrust Component: New item added in version .72f1 and is obtainable by completing Quest #200 titled "Long Time Coming". The requirements to complete the quest are 1 Ascension Crystal, 5 Data Archives, and 15 Plasma Batteries. You receive 10 Thrust Components for the completion of the quest.
- Red Diamond: The Red Diamond is an item sometimes obtained when a player destroys a ship owned by Rcouret. It has no practical purpose and costs an obscene 11.9-15.6 million credits to purchase, yet only returns about 10k credits if sold.
- Armoured Plating: Armoured plating was dropped by Kodiak and Galleon, and is used to complete the Dimensional Cache quest on Aqueous II. It is now acquired through a quest on Frion I.
- Armour Scrap: Dropped by all pirates, it has a value of 150 at Mega Base, and can be traded through a quest at the Mega Base, converting 500 Scraps into 75,000 credits. Additionally, they can be exchanged for Armoured Plating.
- Dimensional Alloy: Obtained through a quest behind a fake wall on Aqueous II, currently used to build the Obliterator.
- Kneall Core: Special material used to build ships like the Obliterator. It is given out at the wreck of the Nautilus in the quest The Last Signal.