The Mega Base is a super-sized Starbase that was added in Galaxy Beta and is located in the center of the map. It is where players go to build ships, access their Warehouse, and buy/sell materials at a steady price. Unlike Faction Starbases, the Mega Base is indestructible, unarmed, and neutral to all factions. When player's ships are docked at the Mega Base, they are invincible, though this invincibility wears off when the respective ship becomes undocked or engages in combat. The Mega Base's ore storage is linked across all servers, even private servers. Even though the Mega Base cannot be damaged, it has shield and hull, albeit an incomprehensibly high stat of "1e22," or 10 sextillion. This appears to have been lowered in an update.
The Mega Base has a total of 16 terminals and 5 "sub-terminals". Each sub-terminal has either 3 (if on the main floor) or 4 (if terminal E) docking terminals in it. In the center of each of these is a pad that teleports to the hub. On top of terminals A-D are rooms labeled on blue signs.
In the center of the Mega Base is a room known as the hub, which is the location of the Galaxy VIP Lounge, a glassy building with a sign saying "VIP Lounge". In the center of the hub is a pillar with some teleporters which all take players to the "sub-terminals". One, however, leads to an upper observatory. The pillar itself contains 4 screens which all have some sort of message on them.
Above the Galaxy VIP Lounge is the Admin Lounge. It contains images of all the Admins doing a pose and has some chairs and tables. Players can get there by using the ladder to the right of the Lounge.
There are also two large signs that cycle through four different "Ads". These are for the Galaxy Group, Case Clicker, Sean's Empire, and Xeiron Industries. The Case Clicker ad reads "Come play the best Sci-Fi game around!". This is probably based on rcouret complaining that Case Clicker is categorized as a Sci-Fi game. Players can advertise their groups/places for these prices: 1 day for 200 Robux, 3 days for 500 Robux and 7 days for 1000 Robux.
Mega Base Announcements
About every 2 minutes in the Mega Base, you can hear what sounds like a robot speaking on an intercom throughout the Mega Base. These are all of the sentences she says.
Tips and tricks
- If you plan to transfer items or sell and buy items at Mega Base, make sure you are not at War, Pirates normally do some Pirating at Mega Base and normally attack any enemy ship they see, mainly Miners and Freighters.
- Aliens normally head to Mega Base, so be warned and look at the Minimap.
- Pirates can be lured to the Mega Base if they follow the player's ships there.
- Some small ships can get inside the Mega Base, like Wyrm or Wasp.
- In some versions of the game, Mega Base has been killable. In these versions, when Mega Base dies, it has one of the most destructive nukes in the game but the radius is very low so only ships touching the mega base are affected by the nuke. The wreck also has a boundless amount of loot but Mega Bases absence breaks the server and for some reason and selling anything. In fact the UI as a whole deteriorates as people sometimes are enable to spawn, or Despawn ships. also players just joining are unable to join any teams.
- On a certain day, which is unknown for now. Mega Base broke. It didn't sell anything, people weren't able to build ships(due to not being able to buy), and all of the materials in Mega Base had been removed. That was later to be confirmed to be exploiters. The developers did end up fixing Mega Base.
- After witnessing the first downfall of Mega Base, it was not long until Mega Base broke again. though this time, it was the work of exploiters. As of 21/02/2020, exploiters messed with Mega Base, ending it off with removing all of the materials from said base. Players were not able to buy from mega base for possibly a week? On 27/02/2020, the game owner Rcouret fixed the issue along with the development team. They also made sure to implement an anti-exploit system into Mega Base to make sure it doesn't happen again.
- Not even a week after the Mega Base patch by rcouret, exploiters went around this anti-exploit system implemented into Mega Base. On 02/29/2020, exploiters joined Galaxy with throwaway accounts. They would give themselves an immense amount of credits, and would buy all of the materials from Mega Base and try to put Mega Base into negatives, though due to the patch rcouret made, Mega Base can no longer go into negatives. All materials dumped/sold into Mega Base were to be gone within 2 minutes. As of 3/5/2020, this has been patched and Mega Base is operational.
- On 11/1/2021 Mega Base was accidentally made destructible in main galaxy causing players to go through all the servers and kill ever mega base until it was patched.
- On 13/4/2020, the Mega base was once again broken, leaving the base in a massive debt of negative 8 trillion credits. This has since been fixed.
- Before the warp system was revised, ships were able to warp into the Mega Base with the correct timing. This was a bannable act when people used it to escape the loss of their ship in combat.
- Ships didn't need to be built at the Mega Base in Alpha since the Mega Base didn't exist.
- On the day of the release of the advertisements at the Mega Base, the prices used to be 1 day 500 Robux, 3 days 1000 Robux, and 7 days 2000 Robux, but was made cheaper due to this being too expensive.
- In older versions of galaxy, some players would “carrier camp” at the Mega Base, where they would dock their Carriers and release their Fighters, allowing them to fight without the Carrier losing its invulnerability. This was patched later on though, with invincibility being switched off when Carriers launch Fighters at the Mega Base.
- It's old model used to have F and G terminals beneath the E terminals, but they were removed for part reduction. It is believed they were deemed unnecessary as the Mega Base very rarely gets crowded.
- Inside the Mega Base, there is an Alien Embassy, as well as a chart with character translations for the alien language. Players cannot enter this structure, as occasionally announced by the Mega Base. More information about the Embassy can also be found in the Lore of the U.N.E.
- As of version .63f3 (ish), there is now a "Community Advisor Board" in the Mega Base, showing update logs and announcements for Galaxy. This has since been removed and all that remains in its place is an advertisement for the U.N.E.
- In version .63h1, a rule board and an update log board was added at the place where the Community Advisor Board was located at. In-between the two is a smaller board promoting this very wikia. These boards have essentially the same function as their predecessor, but separate new rules and new game updates. The Community Advisor Board has been moved behind the Alien Embassy, however it has since been removed.
- Mega Base is the most difficult base to get bankrupted of all bases. This is due to Mega Base's price are fixed at a low price at Economy Matrix as only Frion I can set prices lower than Mega Base.
- A board that advertises The Galaxy Wikia In-game.