It mines slightly faster than the Hornet. Its smaller size makes it less of a target compared to the Hornet, and it also travels a bit faster. Its total health of 1200 divides evenly between hull and shields (600/600). Takes a minimum of 120 seconds to fill up its hold.
The Harvester has no interior other than a simple pilot's seat set against a slanted gray wall.
- High mobility.
- Small, making it hard to aim at.
- Decent speed
- If used while under the effects of New Player Immunity, you can mine without the risk of taking damage.
- The Medium Mining Laser provides a considerable range, and the Tiny Mining Lasers allow short-range harvesting.
- Very affordable Miner.
- Low health pool.
- Small ore hold.
- No defense against anything.
- Slow acceleration and deceleration.
- Aliens often target Miners.
- Make sure to constantly check for hostile ships heading in your direction. Check your Minimap every 30 seconds.
- Watch out if you're at War, you're likely to be ambushed.
- Don't mine at the Mega Base If you are at War and you aren't protected. (Unless you have New Player Protection).
- Received a remodel in version .56b.
- Nerfed in an unknown version, losing 175 Cargo Hold.
- As of .61i, its Mining Lasers now mine ore as far as 3000 studs, the original distance of Medium Mining Lasers.
- Received a buff in .64a? that upgraded its two Small Mining Lasers into 1 Medium Mining Laser.
- Received a buff in .64f that added 2 Tiny Mining Lasers and upped its Ore Hold from 750 to 900.
- The creator of the ship once called for the ship to be renamed, but it was refused. Had he been successful, this ship would be known as the Flevyrion.
- Brings in about 937 credits without any Loyalty per run, but can earn up to 1687 credits.
- Has a cult following (Harvesterism).
- Was the first ever Miner to have a Warp Drive.
- According to lore, a Harvester off course discovered Aqueous ll.
- The second of two Miners to have Tiny Mining Lasers, with the Wooly Mammoth being the first Miner to ever have Tiny Mining Lasers.
- Was shadowed by the Hornet for a while, due to it being better in nearly all aspects.